Days in the life of a Fashion Contour student! Full of news, reviews, tutorials, trends and a bit more!

Saturday 26 February 2011

Firm Foundations...

So to get into University I'm doing an Art Foundation Heading  


This was probably the last thing I wanted to do, but these day's it's pretty much a must have for your UCAS. I'm halfway through, just about to start my FMP (Final Major Project) and so what have I learnt so far??


  • Fine Art Print Making
  • Silk Screen Printing
  • Graphic Design
  • Photography
  • Sculpture
  • Painting and Drawing
  • History of Art
This is all the stuff you learn on the Exploratory Stage and if you want my advice? 
IT IS NOT ENOUGH!!!
This is allll you will have in your portfolio for univeristy at the point you apply and so if you haven't worked outside of college it will sooo not be enough. Oh and forget that project you did at A-Levels that you were so proud of, because quite simply 99 times out of 100 it won't be good enough compared to the standard you're working at now.

Scared? 


You totally should be!


Next time, what universities really want...

No comments:

Post a Comment